Sep 22, 2020
The graduate certificate in Information Quality program consists of 12 graduate credits, which may be completed in the evenings or online. This certificate will provide individuals with a focused collection of coursework in the information quality area. The program is designed for post-baccalaureate students and working professionals who are interested in moving into information quality leadership roles within their organizations or in preparation for entering master’s programs.
The program is accessible to both day and evening students and both full-time and part-time students. In addition, the program is available through UA Little Rock Online (https://ualr.edu/online/).
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale). Candidates who have a background in computer programming, database concepts, and applied statistics or who have professional experience in any information quality role will be the most prepared to enter and successfully complete the certificate program.
- Completion of any remedial course work that may be specified by the department for the certificate program. Students seeking regular admission to the certificate program are expected to have completed (with a grade of B or better in each course) course work or to have professional experience equivalent to the following UALR courses:
- IFSC 2300 Object-oriented Technology
- IFSC 3320 Database Concepts
- STAT 2350 Introduction to Statistical Methods
- The GMAT or GRE exams are not required.
The graduate certificate in Information Quality consists of 12 hours of course work as follows:
Required Core Courses (Nine hours)
Elective Courses (Three hours, Select one course)
Graduates of the certificate program with a 3.5 GPA can apply to the MSIQ program without a GMAT or GRE requirement, but students are advised that all other admission criteria to the MSIQ program apply, including deficiency work.
Concurrent enrollment in the IQ graduate certificate and the MSIQ program is permitted (i.e., MSIQ students are eligible to receive certificates upon completion of the appropriate subsection of the MSIQ curriculum).
Students in the IQ graduate certificate program must apply to the UALR Graduate School through the online application. The certificate program code is INFQ-GC.
For more information about the graduate certificate in Information Quality, contact the program coordinator.
Substitution of Core Requirements
The Information Quality graduate committee may substitute other graduate-level courses in Information Quality or Information Science for up to six hours of the core requirements if in the Committee’s opinion, an entering student has already completed the same level of work prescribed for that core course or courses through previous academic work or professional experience. Overall course substitution for previous work is limited to a total of 12 hours.
A limited number of graduate assistantships are available for master’s-level students. Contact the program coordinator for more information.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in the approved program of study as outlined above
- Successful completion of one of the program options