Dec 10, 2023
General: 120 minimum total hours, including 45 hours of upper-level courses (3000-4000 level), and 30 hours in residence. Students must have a GPA of at least 2.0 to graduate.
First-Year Colloquium (0-3 hours)
Required of full-time freshmen entering college for the first time and transfer students with less than 12 hours of credit.
Core (35 hours)
See General Education Requirements for more details.
Second Language Proficiency (0-9 hours)
Completion of 2000-level second language course or demonstrate equivalent proficiency. See General Education Requirements for more details.
Foundation Courses (6 hours)
American Politics (3 hours)
International Politics (3 hours)
Normative and Empirical Analysis (3 hours)
Internationally-Focused Electives (9 hours)
- 9 hours of Upper-level internationally-focused electives approved by the advisor, at least 3 of which must be in political science
Advanced Foreign Language (6 hours)
- 6 hours beyond the third-semester level, generally the 2311 course, if taken at UA Little Rock
Electives (9 hours)
- 9 hours of Upper-Level POLS Electives
Field Experience Requirement
- POLS 3338 - Cooperative Education in Political Science I & II
- POLS 3339 - Cooperative Education in Political Science I & II
- POLS 3348 - Internship I
- POLS 4348 - Internship II
- Any POLS course with a service-learning component
- Any travel course or study abroad program
- A paid or volunteer position of at least 15 weeks with a government agency, elected official, campaign, interest group, or other politically-oriented organization. (Students taking this option will not receive course credit, but will have the requirement waived.) In order to use this option to satisfy the requirement, students must provide evidence of the position and submit a paper describing the work that they did to the internship coordinator for approval.
- Students in the online-only program who cannot complete one of the above will be given the option to take a second course in the Normative and Empirical Analysis subfield, instead.
Unrestricted General Electives
Remaining hours, if any, to reach 120 minimum total hours, 45 hours of upper-level courses (3000-4000 level), and/or 30 hours in residence.