The College of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences, and Education offers pre-professional curricula for students interested in professional areas requiring a background in science and/or technology as well as in the liberal arts.
Allied Health Programs
Allied Health programs at UA Little Rock are designed for students pursuing careers as radiology technicians, respiratory therapists, dental hygienists, etc.
Students who wish to complete an undergraduate degree in a health profession at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences can earn a high-quality degree from both institutions in the most efficient manner possible. Students first earn the Associate of Arts in General Studies from UA Little Rock and are then eligible for admission consideration to the UAMS degree programs.
Students interested in pursuing one of the AAGS 2+2 UAMS Degree programs should speak with their advisor.
The UA Little Rock and UAMS partnership is known as the AAGS 2+2 UAMS Degree in:
- Bachelor of Science – Cytotechnology
- Bachelor of Science – Dental Hygiene
- Bachelor of Science – Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science – Nuclear Medicine Imaging Sciences
- Bachelor of Science – Ophthalmic Medical Technology
- Bachelor of Science – Radiologic Imaging Sciences
- Bachelor of Science – Respiratory Care
Learn more about the degree programs at 2 + 2 AAGS to UAMS Allied Health.