The School of Literary and Performing Arts houses the English Program in 501 Stabler Hall, the Theatre Arts Program in 130 Center for Performing Arts, and Music in the Fine Arts building.
The School of Literary and Performing Arts cultivates cross-disciplinary inquiry and critical thinking in the areas of theatre, music, and English. Embodying the values of collaboration and exploration, the school aims to strengthen already existing interdisciplinary programs such as the Shakespeare Scene and Fringe Festivals while encouraging innovative approaches to musical theatre, songwriting, screenwriting, creative writing, as well as secondary and extended education. The joining of these programs will combine the performance spaces of the Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall, the Haislip Theatre, and the University Theatre to further support internal events and external partnerships with Ballet Arkansas, the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, the Six Bridges Literary Festival, and other musical, theatrical, dance, arts and language and literacy organizations across central Arkansas.
- Kris McAbee, Co-Director, Associate Professor of English
- Stacy Pendergraft, Co-Director, Associate Professor of Theatre Arts
- Geneva Galloway, Coordinator for Literary and Performing Arts
- Vicki Plant, Administrative Assistant
- Laura Barrio-Vilar, Associate Professor
- Jeffrey Condran, Associate Professor
- Paul Crutcher, Associate Professor
- Jeremy Scott Ecke, Associate Professor
- H. K. Hummel, Associate Professor
- Angela Hunter, Associate Professor
- Brad Minnick, Associate Professor
- Justin Bunting, Assistant Professor
- Ken Goff, Assistant Professor
- Rolf Groesbeck, Professor
- Naoki Hakutani, Associate Professor
- Linda R. Holzer, University Professor
- Lorissa Mason, Assistant Professor
- Tom Richeson, Associate Professor
- Michael Underwood, Instructor
- Mary Alice Chambers, Adjunct Instructor
- Lisa Doss, Adjunct Instructor
- John Garst, Adjunct Instructor
- Lee Ann Jones, Adjunct Instructor
- Meredith Maddox Hicks, Adjunct Instructor
- Diane Kesling, Adjunct Instructor
Theatre Arts Faculty
- Lawrence Smith, Associate Professor
ProgramsBachelor of Arts
Bachelor of MusicMinor
- English, B.A.
- English, Creative Writing Emphasis, B.A.
- English, English Education Track, B.A.
- Music, B.A.
- Music, Music History Track, B.A.
- Music, Music Theory Track, B.A.
- Theatre Arts, B.A.